How will Proposition C appear on the ballot?
THE ISSUANCE OF $39,000,000 TAX BONDS FOR A PARKS OPERATION CENTER/BUILDING MAINTENANCE FACILITY AND A LOGISTICS EQUIPMENT AND STORAGE BUILDING
What’s included in Proposition C?
- New Combined Parks Operations & Building Services Building
- New Logistics Center with Storage and Auction Warehouse
Joint Parks Operations & Building Services Building
- 21,000 sqft for office and cubicles
- 10,000 sqft climate-controlled workspace for mechanics and storage
- Shared workspace for conference rooms, training rooms, break rooms, kitchenette, and parking for guests, City staff and vendors
- Proposed location off Parkwood between Hickory St. & Stonebrook Pkwy.
Logistics Center Addition
- 15,000 – 18,000 sqft facility
- Proposed location adjacent to current Logistics Center on Public Works site
- Space would be a climate climate-controlled warehouse
- Increased storage racks and open floor space
- Includes site work for paving area south of water tank
Why should I vote for Proposition C?
Improved Efficiency and Service Delivery: Consolidating city facilities can provide a better-coordinated and more efficient response to the needs of the community. This can improve the speed, quality, and overall service delivery to residents.
Long-Term Infrastructure Needs: Investing in city facilities can help ensure that your community’s infrastructure needs are met for years to come, minimizing the need for costly emergency repairs and replacements.
Cost Savings: Co-locating city operations can help reduce costs associated with maintenance, utilities, and other operational expenses. This can help save money in the long run.
Job Creation: The construction and maintenance of city facilities can create jobs in your community, from construction and maintenance to administrative and support positions.
Better Work Environment: Aging facilities are often overcrowded due to limited space and an expanding workforce. New facilities create a better work environment for city staff, which can lead to improved productivity, better job satisfaction, and reduced turnover.
Future Flexibility: Investing in city facilities can provide greater flexibility and capacity for future growth and expansion, helping to better meet the needs of the community over time.